BOSTON, Mass. - The Lynx take the series over Newbury College with a 7-0 victory. With the win, the Lynx improve to 16-5 overall and 8-1 in NECC play. After the loss, the Nighthawks slide to 8-17 overall and 3-8 in conference.
Inside the box score:
- In the top of the second inning, the Lynx were in a pinch with bases loaded and two outs. Tom Muratore was able to strike out Justin Banks to keep the score 1-0.
- The Lynx added four runs in the bottom of the third with a grand slam from Ryan Pumphret. Later in the inning, Brenden Fairchild was able to score on a wild pitch and bring the score to 6-0.
- Ryan Pumphret hit an RBI single in the bottom of the seventh to drive in Gage Reycroft.
- The Lynx offense was lead by Pumphret who went 2-for-4 with a grand slam and five RBI's.
- Will Rhone went 2-for-3 with one double.
- Justin Banks, David Center, and Brian Cipolla drew the four hits for the Nighthawks.
- Muratore continues his win streak pitching seven innings. He allowed only four hits and no earned runs while striking out nine batters.
- Ryan Mullaly takes the loss in three innings of work.
The Nighthawks return tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. against Anna Maria at the New England Baseball Complex.
Portions of this release courtesy Lesley Athletics.